Thursday, April 28, 2011

Smart Phones and Tablets

Here are a couple of things I have been reading:


In light of the recent fracas about iPhone and Andriods keeping tabs on users' location and other data, The Really Smart Phone is a really good article on what some researchers are doing (and can do) with your smartphone data. Provides good insight on the possibilities which some might find disconcerting, but I actually see as quite exciting (e.g. for data mining, statistics and human/social interactions).

A related article but this time about your TV tracking you! TV's Next Wave: Tuning In to You






I've also been looking to get a tablet, so this is part of my research: Barnes & Noble Beats Amazon To The Android App Punch, But Kindle Will Likely Prevail . Actually regardless of the prognostication in the title, I think the Nook is closest to what I need for a tablet - which is primarily for reading e-books and very light web browsing.

No comments:

Post a Comment